BitGrail was a cryptocurrency exchange based in Italy that dealt with the trade of Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies. The exchange was reported to have undergone a heist losing about $195 million worth of Nano and XRB tokens. The incident took place under questionable circumstances where the hackers were involved directly or just indirectly. Although the BitGrail hack was considerably smaller than several other security attacks, it highlighted the shortcomings of unregulated exchanges. Besides, the BitGrail attack brings to the forefront the need for a robust security system to protect the funds and crypto assets stored in the exchange. Introducing BankDex – the secure exchange platform A decentralized cryptocurrency exchange, BankDex facilitates peer to peer trade through Smart Contracts, without the involvement of a controlling third party. It provides the best of the decentralized world by vesting the complete control of funds with the trader. BankDex accelerates trade with centralized matching service and a wallet facility which eliminates the need for storing funds on the exchange.
XRB withdrawals will be enabled again as soon as possible. Funds are safe, users still have access to them.
Withdrawals that were pending since before this maintenance should have been completed.
Reminder: withdrawals for other coins are available.
Thank you for understanding.
— BitGrail Exchange (@BitGrail) January 10, 2018
After the hack, the following message was posted on the website:
Fallimento WebCoin Solutions di Francesco Firano
Tribunale di Firenze – R.F. 15/2019
Giudice Delegato: Dott.ssa Silvia Governatori
C.F. FRNFNC86D11D612E e P.IVA 06513920485
Fallimento BG SERVICES SRL
Tribunale di Firenze – R.F. 16/2019
Giudice Delegato: Dott. Cristian Soscia
C.F. e P.IVA 06791600486
- Link per scaricare il modulo uniforme per l’insinuazione di crediti (Allegato 2 al regolamento UE 2015/848).
- Download link for the form for the submission of claims (Annex 2 to EU regulation 2015/848).
- Comunicazione ex art. 92 L.F. R.D. 267/42 a tutti i creditori e altri interessati.
- Communication pursuant to Art. 92 Italian Bankruptcy Law L.F. R.D. 267/42 to all creditors and other interested parties.
Via San Niccolò n. 1
50125 – Firenze (FI)
Tel. 055 2344781
Avv. Tommaso Ariani
Via de’ Benci n. 24
50122 – Firenze (FI)
Tel. 055 094821
To all the creditors
The creditors of the bankruptcy procedures inform about creditors about the following facts:
1) The hearing to determine the “passive state” in the bankruptcy procedure of WebCoin Solutions by Francesco Firano is going to be held on September 24, 2019, at 10:30 am, at the Court of Florence in front of the GD Dott. ssa Silvia Governatori;
2) The hearing to determine the “passive state” in the bankruptcy proceedings of BG SERVICES SRL is going to be held on October 07, 2019, at 09:00 am, at the Court of Florence in front of the GD Dott. Cristian Soscia ;
3) The communication to the creditors under art. 92 of the Italian bankruptcy law of the bankruptcy of the Italian bankruptcy court. It will contain all the relevant information in order to credit your file of proof of claim under art. 93 of the Italian bankruptcy law;
4) The proof of claim by a creditor shall be filed with the bankruptcy within 30 days of each hearing;
5) We will be able to provide you with as soon as possible any information you need. We suggest you to wait for such instructions before filing a petition;
Dr. Gian Pietro Castaldi // Avv. Tommaso Ariani
Notice to all creditors
The undersigned Curators of marginalized failures communicate:
1) The hearing for the examination of the passive state in the bankruptcy procedure of WebCoin Solutions by Francesco Firano was set for 09/24/2019 at 10:30 am at the Court of Florence in front of the GD Dr. Silvia Governatori;
2) The hearing for the examination of the passive state in the bankruptcy procedure of BG SERVICES SRL has been set for 10/07/2019 at 09:00 am at the Court of Florence in front of the GD Dott. Cristian Soscia;
3) The preparation of the notice to creditors pursuant to art. 92 LF containing all useful information to facilitate the presentation of the claims of the creditors is still in the preparation phase by the writers Curators and will be transmitted with all the necessary indications for the presentation of the appeal pursuant to art. 93 LF as soon as possible;
4) Please note that applications must be received within thirty days prior to the date of the hearing;
5) We will provide as soon as possible indications on how to prepare and send the application for admission to the liabilities of the bankruptcy deeds. It is suggested to wait for the aforementioned indications, before presenting the allegation to the liabilities;
With best regards,
Dr. Gian Pietro Castaldi // Avv. Tommaso Ariani